St. Albert Minor Hockey Association (SAMHA) with a participant base of close to 2500 players, coaches, and team officials is currently seeking a Part-Time Executive Director. The successful candidate must be team-orientated with excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
The Executive Director is responsible for working directly with the Executive Board of Directors for the management of all aspects of the Association. The Executive Director will work to ensure the financial, administrative and long-term success of the Association. The Executive Director will oversee the day to day operations, including the growth and well-being of the association. The Executive Director will work with the entire Board of Directors and association staff reporting directly to the Elected Officers. The Executive Director will work standard business hours and will be required to be available in the evenings and weekends as required.
• Broad-based knowledge of board governance, including Bylaws and Policies within a sport organization
• Experience with minor sports associations in a leadership role in one or more of the following areas:
• Minor Sports Association Officer, Executive and/or administrator
• Strategic Planning
• Risk Management
• Policy Development
• Financial Management
• Marketing and Public Relations.
• Knowledge of Hockey Alberta structure, initiatives, programs, and membership requirements
• Excellent interpersonal, organization and analytical skills
• Excellent strategic planning and problem-solving skills in addition to conflict resolution management experience
• Ability to multiple tasks, manage budgets, balance continuous demands and prioritize to meet deadlines
In addition, the following previous experience is an asset:
• Minor Hockey or Minor Sports Association Board experience,
• Experience on a not-for-profit board and knowledge from a governance perspective is preferred.
• Experience in chairing/leading meetings
• University / College degree or equivalent in sport management, recreation, business or a related discipline
• 5+ years of managerial experience, preferably in a sports association
• 5+ years of business experience
• 5+ years of leadership experience
• Experience with budget forecasting and tracking
• Experience communicating at all levels of an organization/association
Start Date: April 1st, 2020
The salary for this position is dependent on qualifications and experience. SAMHA offers a competitive compensation package. If you enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, sports environment and would like to join our community not-for-profit association, please submit a cover letter and resume to: St. Albert Minor Hockey HR Committee 66 Hebert Road St. Albert, Alberta T8N 2Z9 [email protected] Closing date is March 25th, 2020. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
No phone calls, please.