This list is up to date as of March 27.
The following is a running list of events that have been cancelled or postponed, as well as facilities that have been closed, due to COVID-19. It will be updated as we learn of more developments. If you would like your notice added to this list, please contact [email protected] For information about the precautions you should take, see Alberta Health Services.
St. Albert announced Friday night all city-owned and city-leased facilities will be closed until May 31. This includes:
- Servus Credit Union Place
- Fountain Park Recreation Centre
- Kinex/Iginla Arena
- All Clubhouses ( Akinsdale, Mission, Larose, Grandin and Willoughby )
- St Albert Curling Club
- St Albert Kinsmen Banquet Centre
- St. Albert Botanic Park
- St. Albert Soccer Association Building
- St. Albert Minor Baseball Facility or Legion Memorial Ball Park
- St. Albert Rugby Club
- Musée Héritage Museum
- Art Gallery of St Albert / Banque d’Hochelaga
- Visual Art Studios at St Albert Place (Laubenthal Studios)
- W.A.R.E.S Gift Shop
- Juneau House
- Red Willow Place
- Community Services Studios and Workshop at Carleton
- Hemingway Centre
- Grain Elevator Park / Heritage Park
- Little White School House
- City playgrounds
On March 27, the city announced the closure of picnic facilities at Lions Park and Rotary Park.
Little Free Libraries are closed.
All of the city's public participation events have been cancelled until further notice.
All council and committee meetings will be suspended until April 5.
Transit will continue to operate. However, on Sunday, March 15, St. Albert Transit issued a notice that starting March 16, buses will be limited to being half full in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
"For busy routes, a second bus will be added to transport extra riders," the notice read.
The following Arden Theatre events have been cancelled or postponed:
- ABRA Cadabra (March 15)
- The PreTenors (March 16)
- Irish Mythen (March 18)
- More Vibe Dance Festival (March 19 to 22)
- James Keelaghan & Jez Lowe (March 27)
- Molly Johnson (March 28)
- Louisiana Hayride Show (March 31)
- Santana Dance Festival (April 1 to 5)
- One Good Reason ft. Sean McCann (April 16)
- The Zombies (April 17)
- La Girandole presente son 40e spectacle annuel "Sous le Chapiteau" (April 18)
- Beauty and the Beast (April 19)
- Encore! (April 22)
- Afrique en Cirque (April 28)
The following city events have been cancelled or postponed:
- St. Paddy's Day Skate at Kinex Arena (March 15)
- 2020 St. Albert Business Breakfast (March 17)
- Swiss Chalet Seniors' Day (March 18)
- Mayor's Celebration of the Arts (March 19)
- March Neighbourhood Network (March 21)
- Enviropalooza (March 22)
- Homesharing Info Session (March 26)
- Snowmobile Sneak Peek (March 29)
- Council meeting (March 30)
- St. Albert Job Fair (March 31)
- St. Albert Lifestyle Expo (April 3 to 5)
- Alberta Francophone Games (May 8 to 10)
- Rainmaker Parade (May 23)
Other event cancellations or postponements:
- Night of Artists and the NOA Artwalk
St. Albert Public Library
On Sunday, the library announced both its locations would be closed until further notice.
The library is cancelling all programs, events, classes and outreach services until March 31.
The library has also cancelled its spring book sale from March 12 to 16.
On Sunday afternoon, the province announced all K-12 classes are cancelled, although schools themselves will remain open. All licensed daycares are also closed.
- All junior and senior high sports meets in St. Albert have been cancelled or postponed for both St. Albert Public and St. Albert Catholic.
- St. Albert Public is cancelling all gatherings of over 250 people, which so far includes parent-teacher interviews and most field trips. All future gatherings will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools will be cancelling all large public gatherings, including parent-teacher interviews, open houses, field trips and tournaments.
- Sturgeon Public has cancelled all after-school practises and activities based at schools and in the community until further notice, and will reschedule the parent-teacher interviews that had been scheduled for March 16 to 18. All school field trips are also cancelled until further notice.
Many local sports teams have had their events cancelled or postponed, including:
- The St. Albert Physical Education Council junior high basketball Tier I championships
- The St. Albert Gymnastics Club's annual Spring Flip Invitational
- The fifth annual Marc Kennedy Junior Classic
- The Alberta Schools’ Athletic Association's basketball provincials
- All Alberta Soccer's remaining 2020 indoor soccer championships
- Curling Canada's senior nationals