St. Albert Mayor Cathy Heron shared the news through a social media post on Friday morning.
I have great news! The following pharmacies will be providing COVID immunizations in St. Albert, in stage 2a. The...Posted by Cathy Heron - Mayor of St. Albert on Friday, March 12, 2021
That means that if you're born 1947 to 1956 (or born in 1971 or earlier for First Nations, Métis, and Inuit people) then it's time to sign up for your shot.
The pharmacies involved include:
- Shoppers Drug Mart #379 (Village Landing location, 140 St. Albert Tr.)
- Midtown Apothecary (41 St. Thomas St.)
- London Drugs #48 (St. Albert Centre, 375 St Albert Tr.)
- Loblaw Pharmacy #1568 (in Superstore, 101 St. Albert Rd.)
- Safeway Pharmacy #8863 (Inglewood location, 395 St. Albert Tr.)
A full listing of pharmacies offering the COVID immunizations can be found by visiting the website for Alberta Blue Cross, although the St. Albert locations were not included as of Friday at noon. The page indicates that people must book an appointment with the pharmacy closest to you to receive the vaccine and that no walk-ins will be permitted.
"To ensure fair access to all Albertans needing to be immunized and to prevent unnecessary wastage of vaccine doses, please only book your immunizations at ONE location. DO NOT book appointments at multiple sites," it indicated with emphasis.