From its connected downtown core to its quaint schools, Morinville has become an in-demand community, especially for young families from St. Albert. With approximately 10,000 residents and growing, Morinville offers the safety and support of a small town, while also providing access to one-of-a-kind eateries, adventurous recreation and natural landscapes. The Lakes, a growing waterfront community in Morinville, embodies the town’s charming ambiance, paired with everyday amenities around each corner. Laying your roots here ensures the convenience and comfort of St. Albert, less than 30 minutes away. Read on to discover surprising sights and fun things to do in Morinville and The Lakes.
1. Green space galore
- Off-leash dog park - Great for those with four-legged friends, this park is fully fenced to keep dogs safe in a controlled environment.
- The Lakes Park - Relaxing and rejuvenating trails wind through The Lakes community, providing a year-round natural escape and easy access to trendy destinations around town.
- 250 acres of surrounding parks - From playgrounds to tranquil paths, Morinville is an outdoor oasis from the hustle-and-bustle of urban life.
2. Cultural connections
- Morinville Community Cultural Centre - Opened in 2011, this modern, thriving facility hosts exciting festivals, events and celebrations all year.
- Morinville Museum - History buffs will love the pioneer artifacts, fascinating photography and local artwork.
- Canada 150 Mosaic - Created by Mural Mosaic’s Lewis Lavoie, Paul Lavoie and Phil Alain, this art installation celebrates Canada’s 150th birthday, with 150 murals illustrated to represent our nation’s cultural and geographical roots.
3. Athletic adventures
- Morinville Regional Recreation Complex - The Town of Morinville plans to break ground on an all-new, multi-faceted recreation centre, attracting plenty of fitness lovers.
- Splash park - A must-visit on a hot day, Morinville’s splash park provides refreshing, family-friendly fun.
- 13 soccer fields - Throughout the spring and summer, adults and kids of all abilities dribble, pass and score on soccer fields across town.
- 6 baseball diamonds - From slo-pitch tournaments to a minor baseball league, Morinville’s ball diamonds are a homerun for both athletes and spectators.
This Content is made possible by our Sponsor; it is not written by and does not necessarily reflect the views of the editorial staff.