The Summer Patio Series at La Cité Francophone was such a success organizers plan to carry on live music performances every Friday evening until Oct. 9.
The alfresco Fall Patio Series continues its mission of showcasing exciting regional performers at socially distanced events.
To avoid the evening chill, concerts start one-hour earlier at 6 p.m. In the event of extreme bad weather, performances will be transferred to indoor halls for a socially distanced concert experience.
Below is a list of upcoming performers:
• Sept. 4 – An exile from Columbia, St. Albert musician Cristian De La Luna’s Latin flair is highlighted through his culturally diverse lens aimed at unifying races and religions.
• Sept. 11 – Folk-roots singer-songwriter Joe Nolan, a former busker at St. Albert Farmers’ Market, has developed a sophisticated sound that at times delivers painful fragility with raw rage.
• Sept. 18 – Bok Brass, Edmonton’s newest brass quintet, enjoys more than 120 years combined performing experience. The spirited fivesome performs a broad range of music from Baroque to the Beatles, Renaissance to Ragtime, and classical to contemporary.
• Sept. 25 – Jim Head Trio, one of Edmonton’s most acclaimed jazz ensembles, fires up the night playing cultivated and compelling original compositions.
• Oct. 9 – Bardic Form is a regional leader playing a high-energy instrumental hybrid of progressive world music that blends flamenco, Latin, traditional folk and classical music.
La Cité is located in Edmonton’s French Quarter at 8627 Rue Marie-Anne Gaboury. Concert gates open at 5 p.m. Tickets are $14 per person and are available on Eventbrite through www.lacitefranco.ca.